The Control series of flight controllers from mRo is our commitment to continuous improvement. Our goal with this series was to take every lesson learned from our +10 years of flight controller design and make the best pro-consumer and commercial flight controller on the market.
|Specifications||mRo Control Zero H7|
|Main Processor||STM32H743 Arm® Cortex®-M7 core (with double-precision floating point unit). 480 MHz|
|Accelerometers / Gyros / Mags||3x Accelerometers , 3x Gyros, 1x Magnetometer|
|Sensors||Invensense/TDK ICM-20602 (6DoF) |
Invensense/TDK ICM-20948 (9DOF)
|Sensors – Dampened||Bosch BMI088 (6DoF) (internally vibration dampened)|
|Internal Magnetometer||AK09916 inside ICM-20948|
|Barometer||Infineon DPS310 barometer (Very smooth and NO light sensitivity)|
|Interfaces and Protocols||6x UART (serial ports) [3x with HW flow control,1x FRSky Telemetry (D or X types), 1x Console & 1x GPS+I2C]. |
1x PPM sum input signal 8x PWM outputs (all DShot capable)
1x RSSI (PWM or voltage) input
1x JTAG (TC2030 Connector)
3x Ultra low noise LDO voltage regulator
Supported RC input protocols:
Spektrum DSM / DSM2 / DSM-X® Satellite compatible input and binding.
Futaba S.BUS® & S.BUS2® compatible input.
FRSky Telemetry port output.
|Connectors||-Molex PicoClasp |
|Extended Testing and Burn In||Yes|
|Custom Carrier Board Support||No|
|Dimensions||Width: 20mm (0.79”) |
Length: 32mm (1.26”)
|Weight||5.3g (.19 oz)|
|Protector Case||Included aluminum case|
|Typical Platforms||-Multirotor |
Graphical interfaces description
The mRo Control Zero is compatible with the following firmware:
Normal Usage Guide
All connectors follow the Dronecode connector standard. Unless noted otherwise, all connectors are JST-GH.
Bag #1 contains the [30P-PicoClasp Header + MRC0272 + MRC0277] combined with the [Micro USB Cable], which offers a quick way to attach your autopilot to your PC. The MRC0272 is the female USB cable socket and the MRC0277 is the 6-position, red and black cable with a JST-GH header to attach your GPS. We recommend always keeping this harness on the ground and only using it for quick testing, firmware updates, and/or diagnosis.
This bag also contains the enclosure (optional) and SD Card.
Note that depending on the SD Card packaging dimensions, it might sometimes be located outside the bag.
- 1 x Micro USB Cable
- 1 x 30P-PicoClasp Header + MRC0272 + MRC0271: 6P-PicoClasp Crimps to 6P-JST-GH Header (Red&Blk)
- 1 x Enclosure
- 1 x 8GB SD Card (sometimes outside the bag)
This bag contains 2x red and black MRC0271 cables that will allow you to quickly attach your GPS and/or Telemetry modules that are JST-GH compatible. Please refer to Bag #3 for more PicoClasp to JST-GH for more options.
The remaining white cables [MRC0274, 5, 6 & 7] have PicoClasp crimps on one side and a “bare” cable on the other. Those are optional cables that allow advanced users to solder them to other hardware, or for pure development purposes.
- 2 x MRC0271: 6P-PicoClasp Crimps to 6P-JST-GH Header
- 1 x MRC0272: 4Pos-PicoClasp to Female Micro USB Socket
- 1 x MRC0274: 6P-PicoClasp Crimps to Bare-Tin
- 1 x MRC0275: 5P-PicoClasp Crimps to Bare-Tin
- 1 x MRC0276: 3P-PicoClasp Crimps to Bare-Tin
- 1 x MRC0277: 2P-PicoClasp Crimps to Bare-Tin
- 1 x MRC0278: 6P-PicoClasp Crimps to Bare-Tin (Red&Blk)
- 4 x 30P-PicoClasp Headers
This bag contains everything that is needed to assemble your own custom harnesses and interface between the two onboard mRo Control Zero 30-pin PicoClaps connectors to the standard JST-GH header with 4 and 6 positions. The JST-GH is commonly used for CAN, GPS, Telemetry, and Power modules.
We have included enough “pre-crimped” PicoClaps to JST-GH cables with different lengths and JST-GH Housings to allow you to build any possible configuration. You won’t use most of the cables included, they are just there to give you maximum flexibility. You can obtain more housings at our store to take advantage of the remaining cables, or you can just save them as spare parts.
- 3 x 4P-JST-GH Housing
- 6 x 6P-JST-GH Housing
- 2 x MRC0279-50mm: 6P-PicoClasp Crimps to JST-GH Crimps
- 2 x MRC0279-100mm: 6P-PicoClasp Crimps to JST-GH Crimps
- 3 x MRC0279-150mm: 6P-PicoClasp Crimps to JST-GH Crimps
- 1 x MRC0279-200mm: 6P-PicoClasp Crimps to JST-GH Crimps
- 1 x MRC0279-300mm: 6P-PicoClasp Crimps to JST-GH Crimps
- 1 x MRC0280-50mm: 12P-PicoClasp Crimps to JST-GH Crimps
- 1 x MRC0280-100mm: 12P-PicoClasp Crimps to JST-GH Crimps
- 1 x MRC0280-200mm: 12P-PicoClasp Crimps to JST-GH Crimps
- 1 x MRC0280-300mm: 12P-PicoClasp Crimps to JST-GH Crimps
This bag contains everything needed to create your own harnesses to attach servos to the mRo Control Zero autopilot.
Use the M10067 board to interface with standard 2.54mm servos or the M10068 board for the standard mini servos connector. With some creativity, both boards can be used simultaneously to control a mix of standard and mini servos.
Note that not all of the MRC0281-xxx cables are expected to be used; only grab the length that fits your needs.
- 2 x 10P-PicoClasp Housing
- 2 x MRC0281-50mm: 12P-PicoClasp Crimp to PicoClasp Crimp
- 2 x MRC0281-100mm: 12P-PicoClasp Crimp to PicoClasp Crimp
- 2 x MRC0281-200mm: 12P-PicoClasp Crimp to PicoClasp Crimp
- 1 x MRC0281-300mm: 12P-PicoClasp Crimp to PicoClasp Crimp
- 1 x M10067 (Board): 10P-PicoClasp Housing to 8x Servo Header
- 1 x M10068 (Board): 10P-PicoClasp Housing to 8x Mini Servo Header
This bag contains standard 2.54mm connectors to PicoClasp crimps. This kit will give you the flexibility to interface with other devices using standard pins (similar to the ones used on JR servo connectors), or it can just be used for development/testing purposes.
Many R/C receivers use a 3-pin connector to output PPM, SBUS or similar. Other devices using the same approach include OSDs and power modules.
- 2 x 3P-Connector Header 2.54mm
- 2 x 4P-Connector Header 2.54mm
- 1 x MRC0284-50mm: 6P-PicoClasp Crimp to 2.54mm Crimp
- 2 x MRC0284-100mm: 6P-PicoClasp Crimp to 2.54mm Crimp
- 1 x MRC0284-200mm: 6P-PicoClasp Crimp to 2.54mm Crimp
- 1 x MRC0284-300mm: 6P-PicoClasp Crimp to 2.54mm Crimp
Pico-Clasp Crimp Terminal
This is the Terminal Crimp that is included in each end of the cables.
Molex Pico-Clasp Connector
Most of the cables are just “pre-crimped” with PicoClaps crimps. They must be inserted into the “connector” with the correct direction of the latch.
Notice that the metal Crimp has a little metal “latch” sticking out, the latch goes into the “inner” part of the connector above, you will see that the hole is rectangle and you have a little opening pointing to the middle of the housing, that is where you insert the latch. Make sure it goes all the way in, no metal should be sticking out of the connector